Introduction of numerical and sensory technologies to control the production and ripening of safe, healthy, and sustainable blue cheese of differentiated organoleptic quality.
Start date: 2022-12-01End date: 2023-12-31
Budget: 167.920 €
Centre bugdet: 77.422 €
Funding: Eusko Jaurlaritzako Berriker 2022 programa – Expedientea 00022-BGI2022-54
The main objective of BLUECARE project is to carry out knowledge-generating research, such as the introduction of numerical and sensory technologies to control the production and ripening of a safe, healthy, and sustainable blue cheese of differentiated organoleptic quality. To achieve this overall objective, the following shall be done:
- Generate knowledge to establish optimal production and ripening technological parameters,
- Investigate the identification and characterization of the microbiota of blue cheese that deals with the evolution of sensory and healthy characteristics,
- Generate knowledge for the correct use of ripening process control sensors,
- Design and validate a numerical tool for efficient intelligent camera design for the ripening process and,
- Explore the possibility of using a sustainable biopolymer packaging for the conservation and sale of blue cheese.
- Leartiker S.COOP.
- Mondragon Goi Eskola Politeknikoa.
- Ama Txo TC.
Activities carried out by Leartiker
- Establish optimal parameters for the production and ripening of blue cheese.
- Experimental development of production batches.
- Microbiota analysis through Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Use of sustainable materials for packaging and proper conservation of blue cheese.